Start making plans to visit beautiful Bloomington-Normal this September!
Get a firsthand look at the Uptown Normal redevelopment area during this year’s annual statewide planning conference! More than 10 years of urban planning and political stick-tuitiveness has really paid off.
Here’s what you can see:
1. A fully functioning traffic roundabout with an award-winning design created by Chicago landscape architect Peter Lindsay Schaudt.
2. A LEED Silver Children’s Discovery Museum, LEED Silver bank, and a LEED Silver mixed-use building
3. Street tree plantings utilizing “Silva Cells” to promote healthy urban tree growth
4. A beautiful streetscape design with unique parallel parking elements
5. A 4-star Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, built as a public-private partnership
6. Rehabilitated historic building facades and appropriate infill development
All of these design components played into the Uptown being designated as LEED-ND Silver location, which means it is an environmentally sustainable neighborhood.
And you can do more than simply LOOK at Uptown Normal! There are plenty of locally owned restaurants and bars, an excellent trail system, and an awesome theater playing classic, independent, and foreign films Thursday through Sunday night.
We know you will enjoy your stay in Uptown!
3 hours ago
2010 APA-IL State Conference * Sept 22-24, 2010 * Normal, IL